Written by Jolanthe
“I want to homeschool, but where do I start?”
This question and many others from parents considering homeschooling show up in my inbox each week and this series began in hopes of helping answer them. While I don’t claim to have all of the answers to the questions, I hope to give some direction to helpful resources available and a little more of a peek at how things are in our homeschool time.
If you are thinking about homeschooling, this series may be a help to you as you begin – or an encouragement to you as you continue your homeschool adventure. Posts are still in the works for several topics, but those completed are linked below.
Ready to start?
- Know the Laws of Your State
- What Age Should I Begin Homeschooling?
- What is Your Teaching Style?
- What is Your Child’s Learning Style?
- Setting Goals and Knowing Your Purpose
- How to Choose Curriculum for Your Homeschool
- How to Plan Your Homeschool Day
- Homeschooling in High School
- When Curriculum Isn’t Working
- How to Homeschool on a Limited Budget
- How to Homeschool Multiple Ages
- How to Keep Homeschool Records
- Homeschooling With Special Needs Children
- How to Navigate Standardized Testing
- How to Manage Your Time as a Mom and a Teacher
- The Weekly Homeschool Planner
- Creating a Homeschool Binder
- Organizing Homeschool Paperwork
- A Homeschool Classroom
Is there something you would like to see addressed? Feel free to add a comment!
For the record, I am not an expert. I’m a homeschool mom who is sharing what she’s learned so far along the way with her own family.