New Requirements as of 2019
As of July 2019, students enrolled in a home school no longer have to bring a notarized copy of their notice of intent form when they take the written portion of the Arkansas driver’s test.
Students seeking a driver’s license will need to show two forms of identification: An original or certified copy of a birth certificate and a secondary form of ID.
Here’s a list of secondary forms of identification the Arkansas State Police will accept:
- Arkansas State ID or Valid Out of State License
- Photo Work/School ID
- Vehicle Registration and/or Title
- Bureau of Indian Affairs/Indian Treaty Card (No Tribal Card)
- Marriage Certificate or Marriage License
- Health Insurance Card (includes Medicare/Medicaid and AR Kids until age 19)
- IRS/State Tax Forms (W-2 Form is not accepted)
- Court Order (Must be signed and sealed)
- Concealed Handgun Permit
- Certified School Transcript
- Pilot License
- Court Records
- Prison Release Document or Sentencing Order
- Military Photo ID/Military Dependent Photo ID or Armed Forces Discharge Papers (DD214)
The Arkansas State Police has confirmed they will accept an Education Alliance transcript as a certified school transcript; if you would like help getting a transcript, call our office at (501) 978-5503.