On February 12, home schoolers from all over Arkansas are planning to fill the halls of government and fill the tummies of our elected officials with free home-cooked desserts. What a great way to influence friends or create new ones!
Voting on laws all day works up quite an appetite. Your legislators will be hungry and glad to see you walk in with some tasty food. So, dust off your favorite dessert recipe and join over 1,000 home schoolers for Home School Day at the Capitol.
Bring your entire family. Bring all your home school friends. Drop off your desserts. Spend the rest of the day touring our State Capitol, sight-seeing aroundLittle Rock, and shopping. It’s fun! It’s educational! It puts our best home school foot forward! And your kids will enjoy it a lot more than doing school at home!
How to Participate in Home School Day at the Capitol
- You must register in advance. Click here to register now. You can also register over the phone by calling (501) 978-5503.
- Bring at least 2 desserts, one for your State Senator and one for your State Representative. (If you don’t know their names, we will work that out for you.)
- Find out more about hotel accommodations, parking, and restaurants: General Info || Parking and Shuttle Bus Info || Restaurants || Hotel Accommodations
- Bring your entire family and all your home school friends.
- Hear bills debated by attending legislative committee meetings. (10:00 a.m.–noon)
- Watch floor debates and actual votes on legislation from the House or Senate gallery. (1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Sign up for a free guided tour of the historic State Capitol Building. (all day)
- Meet lawmakers.
- Come and go as you please.
- Be part of a group photo on the Capitol steps.
- See the sights of Little Rock on your own.
- Shop till you drop.
Take a Break and Join Us!
Deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, February 8, 2013