Below is information on which way the members of the House Education Committee seem to be leaning regarding HB 2144, David Cook’s home school bill. Home schoolers have done a very good job of contacting members of the committee. Several members of the committee have indicated that they do not support Rep. Cook’s bill. A number of committee members have suggested doing an interim study on the bill. This would be fine with us. In the meantime, home schoolers are encouraged to continue contacting members of the committee. You can reach them at the capitol switchboard Monday – Friday during the day at (501) 682-6211. You can e-mail them any time, or call them at home over the weekend.
Likely to Vote Against HB 2144
The following members of the House Education Committee have indicated that the do not support HB 2144, David Cook’s home school bill. Several are interested in placing the bill in an interim study. Some could change their minds if the bill is amended. Please contact the following members of the House Education Committee and thank them for opposing HB 2144, David Cook’s home school bill.
1. Rep. Mark Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org | 479-466-7386
2. Rep. Donna Hutchinson – email@example.com | 472-876-6011
3. Rep. Dan Greenberg – firstname.lastname@example.org | 501-588-4245
4. Rep. Monty Betts – email@example.com | 501-268-9254
5. Rep. Toni Bradford – firstname.lastname@example.org | 870-879-5270
6. Rep. Jody Dickinson – 870-523-8222
7. Rep. Mark Perry – email@example.com | 501-985-0124
8. Rep. Robert Dale – firstname.lastname@example.org | 479-331-3503
9. Rep. Les Carnine – email@example.com | 501-682-7771
10. Rep. Jerry Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org | 870-238-3815
11. Rep. Rick Saunders – email@example.com | 501-760-7770
Intentions Unclear on HB 2144
The following members of the House Education Committee have not indicated clearly their intentions regarding HB 2144, David Cook’s home school bill. Some of these members have expressed interest in placing the bill in an interim study. Please call the following members of the House Education Committee and ask them to vote against HB 2144, David Cook’s Home school bill.
1. Rep. Bill Abernathy – firstname.lastname@example.org | 479-394-2733
2. Rep. Charolette Wagner – email@example.com | 870-561-4600
3. Rep. Tim Summers – firstname.lastname@example.org | 479-273-0773
4. Rep. Steve Breedlove – email@example.com | 479-996-9712
5. Rep. Eddie Cheatham – firstname.lastname@example.org | 870-364-5659
6. Rep. Linda Tyler – email@example.com | 501-329-8644
7. Rep. David Rainey – firstname.lastname@example.org | 870-382-2003
8. Rep. Nancy Duffy Blount – email@example.com | 870-295-1386
David Cook is a member of the House Education Committee. If you believe placing the bill in an interim study is an acceptable alternative, please contact him at: Rep. David Cook – firstname.lastname@example.org | 870-966-4703
Eleven votes are required for passage of this bill.
David is a former home school student. In 2007 he graduated from John Brown University in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, with a bachelors degree in Business Administration. He currently works as Education Alliance's primary IT employee, webmaster, and blogger. David and his wife live in Little Rock.