Taken from Teaching Home Magazine (10/8/2013)
• The Book of Stuff to Do Outside, free 12-page e-book.
• Vivaldi and the Four Seasons. Free 34-page teachers guide e-book.
Click here to see unit studies, lapbook lessons, crafts and learning activities!
Free Autumn Unit Studies & Lessons
• Homeschooling for Free: Autumn Unit Study. Short online guide including links for study and activities in science (photosynthesis; equinox), geography, agriculture and math, and literature.
• Autumn Leaf Unit Study. Includes the parts of a leaf and a video, “Detailed Scientific Explanation of Why Leaves Change Colors,” a great science resource for older kids.
• Leaves and Photosynthesis. 3 pages: lesson, questions, answers.
• Autumn: Middle Level Lesson Plan. Free 29-page e-book with lessons and learning activities.
• Handbook of Nature Study. Outdoor Hour Challenges and Nature Study for Homeschoolers. Free printables and newsletter.
• Unit on Leaves. Includes many subjects and activities.
• Pinterest Board: Autumn Leaf Unit Study. 165 pins!
Free Lapbooks & Notebooks
• Lapbook: Fall Unit 1: Pumpkins, leaves, corn, and more.
• Lapbook: Fall Unit 2: Apple, Sir Isaac Newton, art.
• Notebooking Autumn. Free 112 printable journaling pages for students from K-12.
HSLDA’s Home School Heartbeat
“Incorporate new traditions into your homeschooling routine to celebrate the coming of autumn.” – Mike Smith.
Creative suggestions for taking advantage of seasonal opportunities to make learning more fun in everything from science to art.
• Listen online to these five 2-minute radio programs or read a transcript.
• Get Some Autumn Air
• Focus on Fall Activities
• Don’t Leaf Out Science!
• “When the Frost Is on the Pumpkin”
• Celebrations of the Season
Fall Arts, Crafts & Learning Activities
• Autumn Teacher Resources. Lessons, printables, reference articles, activities, and more from Teacher Vision.
• Fall play dough recipes. Feature autumn shades and spices that fit the season perfectly.
• Adorable Little Animals made out of leaves.
• Fall Leaf Prints made with leaves and water colors, plus learning activities.
• Fall Craft Projects for Kids, includes pinecone birds, rock mushrooms, and strawberry necklace (made with a walnut!).
• Fall Lessons: Leaf Stamping, Life Cycle of a Tree.
• Fall Pumpkin Place Card Holders (or just set a row of these on a shelf as a decoration).
• From Martha Stewart:
• Fall Floral arrangement.
• Fall Crafts
• Rustic Glam Candle Holder made with twigs.